#2021picoftheweek – Goodnight

The background of this photo is blurred, but it shows several black city buildings with yellow windows against a dark blue night sky. Pale orange and pink lens flares are superimposed across the image. In the center of the image, a figurine of the character Pearl from Steven Universe (with light pink hair in a cone shape with the point in back, and wearing a light blue leotard) looks out over the cityscape and is not blurred.

Prompt: Goodnight

For a group I participate in outside of the blogging world, I was challenged to take a photo recreating a scene from a movie or TV show. So I decided to recreate one of my all-time favorite scenes from my all-time favorite TV show, Steven Universe (a screenshot of the actual scene is below). I designed the cityscape background on my laptop and displayed it on my iPad, and then I took a photo of my iPad using my DSLR camera (which I set on a long shutter speed and then moved around so it would be blurry). Then, because I didn't want my figurine of Pearl (the character from the show) to be blurry, I took a separate photo of it and then edited the two photos together using the double-exposure feature in Snapseed. I'm pretty proud of the result!

The original scene from Steven Universe that I recreated
(image from steven-universe.fandom.com).


Camera: Nikon D3500

Editing software: Snapseed


Submitted for #2021picoftheweek at Of Maria Antonia

Challenge progress:

I'm a bit late to the party, but I'm officially starting off the October/November/December bingo card! Now, which prompts to do next...

Comments

  1. Lovely result! Very nice composite. And I think it captures both the original inspiration AND the 'Goodnight' prompt very well. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment